Our approach to corporate governance
Corporate governance, engagement and proxy voting form an integral and active part of our approach to managing, protecting and enhancing the long-term value of the companies we invest in for our clients.
Confidence in the integrity and quality of company management is an essential ingredient for investor commitment and long-term support.
We believe that companies that are well governed and operate in a responsible and sustainable way should have the culture, attitude and transparent mechanisms in place to support their long-term health and shareholder value.
Good corporate governance practice establishes the frameworks that facilitate both this and the relationship that exist between shareholders and a company’s management.
- Aviva Investors Corporate Governance and Corporate Responsibility Voting Policy (415 KB)
- Aviva Investors response to the Call for Evidence: The Kay Review of UK Equity Markets and Long-Term Decision Making - Nov 2011 (854 KB)
- Aviva Investors response to the FRC consultation on Gender Diversity on Boards - July 2011 (196 KB)
- Aviva Investors response to Green Paper on EU Corporate Governance Framework - July 2011 (122 KB)
- Aviva Investors response to the UK Department for Business call for evidence; a long-term focus for corporate Britain (265 KB)
- Aviva Investors response to the UK Treasury on banks (718 KB)
- Aviva Investors Pillar 3 Disclosures - December 2013 (462KB)
Aviva Investors’ response to Friends of the Earth report
Aviva Investors has been engaging with NGOs such as Friends of the Earth on this issue for a number of years. We understand the increase in civil society focus on what is commonly called land grabbing, whereby companies acquire large tracts of land.
The Kay Review
Aviva Investors submission to a BIS-led inquiry into the outputs of the Professor Kay review, which examined UK equity markets investing and its impact on the long-term performance and governance of UK quoted companies.
Tel: 020 7809 8205
Tel: 020 7809 6169 firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 020 7809 8711 email@example.com
Tel: 020 7809 6460 firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 020 7809 6218