Our approach to responsible investment
Corporate governance, engagement and proxy voting form an integral and active part of our approach to managing, protecting and enhancing the long-term value of the companies we invest in for our clients.
Confidence in the integrity and quality of company management is an essential ingredient for investor commitment and long-term support.
We believe that companies that are well governed and operate in a responsible and sustainable way should have the culture, attitude and transparent mechanisms in place to support their long-term health and shareholder value.
Good corporate governance practice establishes the frameworks that facilitate both this and the relationship that exist between shareholders and a company’s management.
Find out more about:
- Aviva Investors - Pillar 3 Disclosures 2014
- Aviva Investors 2014 Remuneration Code Disclosures
- Aviva Investors Corporate Governance and Corporate Responsibility Voting Policy
- Aviva Investors response to BIS's discussion paper on Executive Remuneration - Nov 2011
- Aviva Investors response to the future of narrative reporting: consulting on a new reporting framework - Nov 2011
- Aviva Investors response to the FRC consultation on Gender Diversity on Boards - July 2011
- Aviva Investors response to Green Paper on EU Corporate Governance Framework - July 2011
- Aviva Investors response to the UK Department for Business call for evidence; a long-term focus for corporate Britain
- Aviva Investors response to the UK Treasury on banks