Our approach to corporate governance
Corporate governance, engagement and proxy voting form an integral and active part of our approach to managing, protecting and enhancing the long-term value of the companies we invest in for our clients.
Confidence in the integrity and quality of company management is an essential ingredient for investor commitment and long-term support.
We believe that companies that are well governed and operate in a responsible and sustainable way should have the culture, attitude and transparent mechanisms in place to support their long-term health and shareholder value.
Good corporate governance practice establishes the frameworks that facilitate both this and the relationship that exist between shareholders and a company’s management.
- Aviva Investors Corporate Governance and Corporate Responsibility Voting Policy (415 KB)
- Aviva Investors response to the FRC consultation on Gender Diversity on Boards - July 2011 (196 KB)
- Aviva Investors response to Green Paper on EU Corporate Governance Framework - July 2011 (122 KB)
- Aviva Investors response to the UK Department for Business call for evidence; a long-term focus for corporate Britain (265 KB)
- Aviva Investors response to the UK Treasury on banks (718 KB)
- Aviva Investors Pillar 3 Disclosures - December 2013 (462KB)
Aviva Investors’ response to Friends of the Earth report
Aviva Investors has been engaging with NGOs such as Friends of the Earth on this issue for a number of years. We understand the increase in civil society focus on what is commonly called land grabbing, whereby companies acquire large tracts of land.
Tel: 020 7809 8205
Tel: 020 7809 6169
Tel: 020 7809 8711
Tel: 020 7809 6460
Tel: 020 7809 6218