Emerging Market Debt
We offer three areas of expertise – local currency debt, hard currency bonds and inflation-linked bonds. One thing these have in common is our conservative approach, which is designed to deliver sustainable returns, not short-term gains. We have avoided any sovereign defaults since 2000.
• Investing in emerging debt since 2000
• Around $4 billion of emerging market debt assets under management
• Stable, experienced team based in London and Singapore
• Well-diversified investment ideas drawn from qualitative and quantitative analysis
• A conservative approach that focuses as much on what not to buy as on identifying what to buy.
|Aviva Investors was one of the first asset managers to launch local currency and inflation-linked emerging market debt strategies.|
Strong analytical focus
We draw investment ideas from four main sources:
1. Our global macro analysis identifies themes which are likely to affect asset valuations in emerging markets.
2. We analyse country credit ratings on a forward looking basis.
3. A key differentiator of our process is that we augment research with quantitative techniques that take into account long-term valuations, and short-term and technical factors.
4. We analyse yields to identify potential relative value investment opportunities.
A proven, long-term track record
We were among the first to set up a specialist capability in emerging market debt over a decade ago. We launched a local currency bond fund in 2006 and an emerging market inflation-linked bond fund in January 2010.
Data as at 30 September 2011.
Aviva Investors Emerging Market Debt - March 2013 - Anne-Sophie Girault