Two senior appointments made in Europe
6 April 2010
(London) Aviva Investors has made two senior appointments to its business development team in Europe as it realigns its business development model globally to core client channels.
- Gabriele Miodini, based in Italy, has been appointed Director - Head of Financial Institutions - Europe. He will primarily focus on building relationships with the largest financial institutions, banks and private banking, as well as retail platforms across Europe.
- Veronique Cherret, based in France, has been appointed Director - Head of Institutional Channel - UK & Europe. She will primarily focus on building relationships with pension funds as well as insurance companies and banks for their balance sheet needs.
These appointments further Aviva Investors commitment to growing its European footprint. In these newly created roles, Gabriele and Veronique will oversee the activities of all business development teams across Europe in their engagement with these key client channels.
Global Director for Business Development, Erich Gerth said: “The appointments of Gabriele and Veronique reflect Aviva Investors new global business development model and our desire to work in genuine partnership with clients.
“Globally we have increased the number of our client facing roles and improved organisational clarity by aligning our teams with core client channels: financial institutions, institutions and our internal client Aviva.
“That we were able appoint these two roles from within Aviva Investors, demonstrates the depth of our existing talent. Both Gabriele and Veronique have a strong understanding of the European market and already have established working relationships with a number of our existing clients.”
– Ends –
For more information contact:
+44 (0)20 7809 8618
Notes to Editors
Aviva Investors is the global asset management business of Aviva plc. The company delivers investment management solutions, services and client-driven performance to clients worldwide. Aviva Investors operates in 16 countries in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America and the United Kingdom with assets under management of almost £250 billion at 31 December 2009.
- Aviva is the world’s fifth largest* insurance group, serving 53 million customers across Europe, North America and Asia Pacific
- Aviva’s main business activities are long-term savings, fund management and general insurance, with worldwide total sales of £45.1 billion and funds under management of £379 billion at 31 December 2009
* Based on gross worldwide premiums for the year ended 31 December 2008
Aviva Investors Global Services Limited
No. 1 Poultry, London EC2R 8EJ
Phone +44 (0)20 7809 6000
Fax +44 (0)20 7489 7940
Email firstname.lastname@example.org Aviva Investors Global Services Limited, registered in England No. 1151805. Registered Office: No. 1 Poultry, London EC2R 8EJ. Authorised and regulated in the UK by the Financial Services Authority and a member of the Investment Management Association.
Contact us at Aviva Investors Global Services Limited, No. 1 Poultry, London EC2R 8EJ. 10/0319.
Telephone calls may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes.